The United Nations Regional Office for Central Africa (UNOCA) continues to closely monitor the situation in the North-West and South-West Regions of Cameroon.
- Good Offices, Preventive diplomacy and Mediation
- Cooperation with subregional, regional and international organizations
- Promotion of peaceful electoral processes
- Fight against terrorism and Boko Haram
- Fight against Lord’s Resistance Army, LRA
- Fight against maritime piracy
- Poaching and traffic of wild species
- UNSAC Secretariat
- Capacity building of journalists
- Peace Tournament: Football for a better world
The Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Regional Office for Central Africa (UNOCA), Mr. François Louncény Fall, will be travelling to Burundi on official business from 08 to 13 July 2017.
The threat posed by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) to stability in Central Africa’s should not be underestimated, particularly now with Ugandan and South Sudanese troops, as well as United States special forces having disengaged from the African Union Regional Task F